Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas Y'All!




Do I dare admit to everyone that I took all of our Christmas stuff down today??!! Yes, I guess I am a Scrooge this year! It has been in the 60's all week. Christmas day was bright & sunny. I am trying hard not to complain, but this is my very FIRST year EVER not at home in Utah with family. I know it sounds pathetic, but to me, Christmas is all about being with family, and yes, I do have my own little family, but I am all about "The More the Merrier!" So enough of my complaining! I do love this time of year and despite the fact that we couldn't be home with the snow, we still managed to have a good time with our little kids. Kiley was on call Christmas day, so we made some arrangements with Santa & he was able to come to our house a day early. We woke up Christmas Eve morning & enjoyed watching the kids open up their gifts. I think they were most excited when they saw the deodorant in their stockings! They love to use Kiley's, so he thought it would be good to give them their own! We were lazy all morning and then took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was actually a really cute movie. Afterward we decided to go to dinner. We played games for a while and then it was bedtime. Kiley was gone to the hospital first thing on Christmas morning. I packed up the kids and headed up to our good friends, the Platt's house for a nummy Christmas dinner. It was a beautiful day so we took all the kids to the park to play. Sure didn't seem like Christmas at all. Oh well. Kiley was off yesterday, so we took the kids to Sea World. It was a lot of fun! Teagen & Brayden both won stuffed Shamu's. Teagen won a huge one & Brayden won a cute little one. Kiley is on call for New Year's Eve, so it will be just another day. What would the world be like if we didn't have Doctor's??? Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to Y'all!

5 comments:

summer said...

Jen and Kiley - it was great to get your card and continue to read about your adventures and life in Texas. My mom and Brooke were over on Christmas Eve looking over our pictures posted on the door, and when they saw your family picture they couldn't believe how much your boys look like the Mortensen family - my mom was in awe looking at Olivia because she said it was like looking at a little Beth.
We loved the idea of the deoderant, and will need to "borrow" that one for next year as our little guy loves that part of Daddy getting ready as well! Have a great New Year...Jen get the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice and you won't realize Kiley is gone until he is back home! :)

Mike and Kelly said...

I agree with your friend Summer.. 6 hours of watching P&P and you practically do not even notice that your husband is gone. We wanted to say Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. Mike is on call New Years Eve too. Tell the kids that we say Hi.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your Christmas decor put away. Half our tree is down (thanks to DD), but well, we'll work on the rest. Christmas and News Years Eve call? Wow, ICU is rough. I'm sorry. I hope the final two weeks of ICU go quickly for you. Best wishes and Happy New Year.

Kristen said...

Love the Christmas pics! I tagged you too so read my blog for directions.

Brianne said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas, but I know what you mean when it doesn't feel like it without SNOW! I guess that is a drawback to living in the south. I bet it was hard to be without your family...I feel the same way...the more the merrier. Well take care. The plus to living in the south is now that Christmas is over you will have a lot better weather than here...Winter is such a drag once the Holidays are gone. Take care and tell Kiley hi for me.