Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Baby is OnE!


January 18th, 2010-With our Fave Dr. & Friend, Kathryn
A year later...such a cutie bug!

Brielle Kathryn Mortensen was born January 18th, 2010----which just so happens to be my birthday as well! It was sort of a bitter sweet day....my dear friend & the one who happened to deliver Brielle, showed up a few days before with her girls to surprise us & be here on our birthday to celebrate with us...that was the sweet. The bitter was obviously the fact that Kiley is in Iraq & not here to celebrate & also that my baby is oNe! I want her to stay little FoReVeR!

At the age of one, Brielle:

*still has NO teeth, not a single one, but can pretty much eat what ever she wants!
*hasn't really taken ANY interest in walking--she'll cruise around the furniture, but has no desire to let go! I'll take that....want my baby to stay a baby for a little longer!
*is a GREAT sleeper! Takes a good 2-3 hour nap & goes down to bed around 6:30pm & sleeps until 7am!
*isn't quite 20 lbs yet, smallest child in our family by far--I'll take it cause like I said earlier, I want her to stay a baby as long as possible!
*loves to cuddle & rock her baby dolls-she's gonna be a good mommy one day!
*adores her big sis except when she is being carried around like a baby doll!
*is starting to throw little mini tantrums! Hard to not laugh when she does cause they are so cute & come on, she's one years old! Tantrums shouldn't start for a few more months! :)
*loves to play with any phone & will put it up to her ear & say HI!
*knows how to work my iphone! I need to get it on video....pretty darn funny & cute!
*loves to skype with daddy on the computer! She literally gets so excited when she sees him & she just gives him her best cheesy toothless grin!
*has been my BEST baby! So easy going, fun, & sweet!

I love that I get to share my birthday with this special little girl! I truly am so blessed to have such wonderful children & so grateful that my LAST baby is so sweet & so good! What a good way to end! :)
We went to Texas Roadhouse with Kathryn & her girls for our birthday dinner. That was interesting! Too many crazy kids to take to a place like that! But we survived & came back home for cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches & presents! Brielle was above & beyond TIRED & so she really was grumpy. In fact, Teagen tried to help her with the cupcake & she lost it! It was pretty funny!
Kiley was very sweet & sent me a few fun gifts & had my favorite flowers delivered on my birthday! It was fun to skype with him & share part of the day with him....even if he was just a face on the computer screen!
Skyping with her daddy on her birthday! Thank goodness for Technology!
It's hard to believe that a year has gone by since my last birthday! What a crazy year it has been!

2 comments:

Kimberli said...

Happy Birthday to Brielle! Time passes quick, doesn't it!?! That flower bow she is wearing is darling! And what a sweet face to match!

Kimberli said...

And Happy Birthday to YOU!!! How fun that Kathryn was able to come up and celebrate with you!