Monday, June 23, 2008

OOOOWWWWWWWW!

The boys had swim lessons this morning & since they are on base, I figured I would take Liv over to the hospital to get her one year old shots & blood test. She is quite the fiesty little thing & I kept wondering how on earth I would be able to hold her still while she was getting 4 shots & I knew it would be even tougher getting her blood drawn. She laid down on the table & looked up at the two men & then started to cry. They quickly gave her the shots & she was wailing! She kept saying, "Ow! Ow! Ow!" Then she'd proceed to sob! It was quite heart breaking & I felt like a terrible mother putting my baby girl through that. We then headed to the Lab. She was still crying a bit & kept saying, "ow!" She finally calmed down & they called us back. The gal that was going to be taking care of us realized that the labs were for Olivia & not me. She said she didn't want to do it (she was new, in-training-I didn't want her to go near my baby! :)) So she grabbed the guru who was WONDERFUL at drawing toddlers blood. Liv was great until they put the handle down in front of us & she realized that something was going to happen & it wasn't going to be fun! I had to hold her down & the new gal held her arm down while the Lab Man stuck the needle & collected the blood he needed. Liv was spent! She was sweating to death! I felt so bad-in the civilian world, labs are not done on little kids. I think it is cruel, but obvioulsy there is some reason for it! She was out before we pulled out of the base. Poor baby!

No comments: