Sunday, January 25, 2009

IT'S OFFICIAL.....Drum roll please!!!!

Today marks the FIRST week of me being 30 (okay, so I started this on Sunday & now it is Thursday!!!!!)! I know, what an accomplishment, right!? It is funny how many people have asked me if I feel different now that I am the big 3-0! Nope, I feel the same as I did when I was 29, heck even when I was 25, except for maybe a few more stretch marks & grey hairs! I have embraced this new age of mine & look forward to making this next year a very memorable one, full of new goals & new adventures! Maybe if I get around to it, I'll even dedicate a post to the "30" goals that I am working towards this year!

So, I am sure y'all are DYING to know what Jen Mortensen did for her 30th birthday. Here are the glorious details!
Unfortunately my birthday fell on a Sunday & so all plans were set for Saturday. Kiley & I got the kids up & headed up to the YMCA for a quick work out. We raced home, I got showered & ready & then my two great friends, Kate & Kim, took me to lunch at the Olive Garden. Kiley had informed me earlier in the week that I needed to be prepared for Saturday. The preparations included: shaved legs, wear something comfortable, bring along a cowboy hat, and a blindfold. After lunch, the girls surprised me with a pedicure that Kiley had planned. That is why I needed to shave my legs.....don't want to gross out the lady who would be giving my legs a rub down! It was a wonderful time & am grateful to my girlfriends for such a fun afternoon!
Kiley had planned for our kids to be watched by our friends & we were off by 5pm for a fun adventure! He took me to Benihana's---so good! It was a great meal & so nice to spend some time alone with him! They sang to me & the waiter announced to the entire restaurant that I was celebrating my 21st birthday....awwww sweet! :) When we got into the car, Kiley put the blindfold & cowboy hat on me. Now of course I had a sneaky suspicion that he obviously had some surprise planned...I thought he was taking me to the Cowboy Dance hall & that some of our good friends would be there to celebrate & dance the night away with us. After a crazy drive & me feeling terribly carsick, we made it to our destination. He told me that we were in a big parking lot & to be careful not to run into any cars. He helped me through the door & instantly I KNEW where we were.....the smell gave it away....we were at my best friend Kate's house! I ripped off the hat & blindfold & to my surprise there was a house full of great friends ready to party with me! Rock band, good food, bday cake, & even presents!!! It was such a fun surprise! I told Kiley months ago that he had better make my 30th a big deal....like throw me a surprise party! I didn't think he could pull it off, luckily he had Kate along with the help of Kim, to do all the dirty work! :) Thanks guys for such a fun night!



On my actual birthday, we rushed to get to church on time (8:30 am, ya I know, it's a love/hate time frame). I enjoyed all the birthday wishes from such great friends!!! Too my surprise, when I came out of church, my car was decorated in "30" & "honk, I'm 30"! It was pretty darn funny! I did get a few honks a few days later & thought people were mad at the way I was driving. Then I realized that Kiley hadn't wiped off the Honk I'm 30 on the back window! We had a little BBQ & Birthday Cake & Ice Cream in the afternoon with a few close friends. It was a wonderful Birthday weekend! Thanks babe for everything! I truly felt so very loved & also so very grateful for such great friends!
My sweet kids gave me a beautiful diamond heart necklace & earrings! Click on this picture above & you may get a better view of it!
It was the best Birthday EVER!

5 comments:

haley said...

i totally thought about you on your bday... and i miss you!!!! hope you had a great day!

Brianne said...

I can't beleive you're 30!! Don't worry, I'm right behind you....unfortunately. You look fabulous by the way! I'm glad you had a great day.

Angie said...

OK I feel like such a smuck!!! Happy LATE Birthday. I'm really sorry for missing it. I'd list a bunch of excuses but none of them matter I should've remembered. The big 3-0...I's so impressed that Kiley took the time to make such a big deal out of it. It sounds like it was all a ton of fun. Love you I'm glad your day was so special.

Karolee said...

Happy late birthday! Glad you had lots of fun!

Becca said...

Happy belated birthday! You are a wonderfully beautiful 30 year old.