Sunday, January 4, 2009

Where did December go????

I can not believe that December has come & gone! I have been meaning to blog all our December Goingons, but seem to read about everyone elses that I just haven't had the time. So, as a New Years Goal, I am really going to try harder to keep this blog up to date-work on mine FIRST before reading yours, especially since I have a terrible memory & can pretty much only rely on remembering the goingons a week at a time! :)

We got home from our trip to Utah Dec. 1st & put our tree up that very day! The boys had so much fun & were SO excited to have all the holiday decorations up!

We had our church Christmas Party a few weeks into December. Kiley was asked to sing in a quartet. They sounded great! As you will see, there is no picture of Teagen sitting on Santa's lap. He flat at told me that it was stupid and we don't even use that word in our house! He was too cool to sit on the old man's lap....Teag is only 7! Liv wasn't too thrilled either, but at least I was able to capture it on the camera!

Brayden with some of his posse!

The boys had their piano recital this month as well! They both did great & I was so proud of them! Brayden could not wait until it was his turn! He was so excited that he actually went up when it wasn't his turn & did it anyway! They were great & we really love their teacher, she is very patient & very sweet! Thanks Brooke!


I went to the Nutcracker Ballet with several of my girlfriends & their daughters. I went solo & really enjoyed it! One of my good friends daughter was performing & so it was SO fun to see her! She was so adorable up there! We had the NOSE BLEED seats, all the way up at the tippity top, but we made our way down to the main level & ended up with amazing seats! Way to go ladies!

I hosted our Music Class Christmas Party. The kids had fun, even though Liv was sick! She LOVES music class.......do I go to the gym, or take her to class????? Such a struggle! :)

Our little neighbor John or JohnG as my boys call him had a big birthday party at Pump it Up! It was so much fun! Even the adults got into it! Liv had lots of fun & even tried to strip off her jammies while we ate dinner & birthday cake!

We went to a couple other fun Christmas parties. One was an Ugly Christmas Sweater party & the other was a Tacky Christmas Party. Both were fun & we really enjoyed the company we were with! Atwood's pretty much took the "trophy"!!!! It's great to have such wonderful friends when you don't have family around to share the holiday with!


We are such a lovely couple!

We also enjoyed a fun dinner with some wonderful friends the night before Christmas Eve. It was fun to catch up with an old friend from Arizona times. Susan, your kids are adorable! So fun to see you!

We spent Christmas Eve at Sea World with our good friends! It was so fun & such a beautiful, warm day! That evening we made home made pizza, played games, opened up our Chritmas PJ's & our one fun gift & then we went to bed early!


I was sicker than a dog on Christmas day. I think I have had bronchitis or pneumonia. I was so sick & slept half the day. I am just now finally starting to feel almost 100% better! Other than being sick, we had a fun morning & I think the kids enjoyed the things they received. We wanted to keep it simple this year. They would have loved a Wii or a Nintendo DS, but we figured if we don't have the mula, we can't work magic! They didn't seem to mind! Liv was so funny to watch unwrap gifts! She totally got it & really enjoyed each gift! She loves her babies & baby gear!



Kiley worked on New Years Eve, so I went to bed at about 11:00. This was his 3rd year now working on New Years Eve.....Lame! Fortunately he had the entire week of Christmas off & then half of the next week as well! We enjoyed the holidays! Kiley was able to go golfing a few times. The weather here has been so bizarre-80 one day 44 the next! Oh well, at least the sun is still shining! Hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Winters Outloud said...

You have such a beautiful family! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas!

Kimberli said...

fun pics. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

By the way, I'll email you this thing I got about destroying fire ants. I think they are the worst thing about living in TX!!!

Anonymous said...

Jen you and your family look great wow what a cute family
Lidnsey HEgerhorst