Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Jack is BACK!

We went to Sea World on Saturday (24th) afternoon. It was VERY crowded, but we were able to do almost everything we wanted to do. They had a darling Sesame Street Halloween show, which was by far Olivia's favorite show of the night!
Kiley took Teagen & Brayden on Journey to Atlantis while Liv & I waited for the show to start. They made it back in time for most of the show. We tried to go through the haunted forest during the family friendly hour, but the line was well over an hours wait long, so we walked around a bit, visited the penguins, played at Happy Harbour, & then made our way over to see the Jack is Back Shamu show.
Jack!

I am not kidding when I say that it was crowded! We showed up at the stadium 30 minutes early & it was packed full, except for the splash zones, which of course we ended up sitting right there, but managed to get away with only a few little drops of water on us! It was a LONG day, but fun to spend together as a family!
This is how Olivia watched the Jack is Back show. She was a tad bit frightened!

We did have a bit of a scare. Liv decided to disappear for about 5 minutes. It was the longest 5 minutes of my life! She was holding my hand & the next second she was gone! LUCKILY, she wasn't too far. Thank Heavens for good people! Some lady saw her all by herself & picked her up & went to the nearest Sea World Employee. I spotted Liv & wasn't instantly relieved! I couldn't believe she would take off like that, but of course she would! She thinks she is 2 1/2 going on 16! I started bawling & all she says is, "Hi Mom!" I could have killed her! But then was so happy to have her safe & sound in my arms again! That little stinker! I keep telling her how sad & scared I was......just to try to get her to see that it isn't good to run away from your parents. She just smiles & tries to distract me with something she is interested in! It reminded me a lot of the time when we lost Teagen when he was this very age........oh the things us parents have to go through!

No comments: