Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pizza Partay!

Kiley is on call today. It is Sunday. Not my most favorite day for him to be on call....we really like to be together as a family on Sundays yet his profession doesn't always allow him to be with us on this special day of the week. This weekend is General Conference...some of you have no idea what that means & may not even care. It is one of my most favorite times of year. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we get to hear from the leaders of the church for 2 days! It is always a time of self-reflection for me & also a reality check as to where I am headed in my life. This has been one of my most favorite Conferences (they are all really great & meaningful)! I am going to be a better person. Especially a better wife & a better mother. So this leads to our fun little evening, even though we were missing our daddy terribly today! I decided that my kids really needed to see their mother having fun! So I got out the cute little kiddie aprons, got some items out to make home made pizzas & then let the kids have at it! I am not one who can readily enjoy letting my kids make a mess in the kitchen, but today I did not care! They had so much fun making their own little mini pizzas. We listened to music & munched on all the toppings as each child created their own little master pieces! It was a fun evening, one that I hope my kids will always remember! I know I will!




Ya, so apparently I need to clean out the oven! :) GROSS!

No comments: