Thursday, November 8, 2007

A fun few days in the hospital......



So, I have been meaning to up date our blog with all our fun pics & stories from Halloween & from a great weekend of camping, but unfortunately.....I have not been able to do much these past few days! Kiley was on call Monday (meaning he went into work at 5 am & would not be home until around 7:30ish Tuesday morning). I went running a few miles in the morning & then met up with my good friend Kate to go on our almost 5 mile walk we do every day. I noticed that my side hurt a little, but didn't think much of it. Well, come early evening, I am not feeling so hot. I thought for sure the flu was coming to pay me a visit. I fell asleep around 10:45 & not even 2 hours later I am running to the bathroom. I didn't get a wink of sleep from then on. I threw up around 30 times & had diareah as well (you all are so glad to know that right!?). I paged Kiley around 3:30am & told him I was on my death bed. I had a piercing pain on my right side & I thought that for sure what ever I had was more than just the flu. Well, Kiley got home several hours later & helped get the kids out the door. I laid around all day hoping I would feel better & finally at 4 I decided I needed to head to the ER. In the military world, we get to experience Socialized Medicine. To some of you that means absolutely nothing, to others, you understand why I mention it. We dropped the kids off at our friends house & off we went. I had to drink Contrast, which is AWFUL, so that I could get a CAT SCAN. To make a long night & story short, they decided it was Appendicitis(sp?) & were ready to rush me up to the OR to be operated on. Of coarse, I was not really prepared for that, but figured oh well, it may help me loose these last 10 lbs! :) Just kidding! Any how, the Staff OR Doc came & talked with us & he just wasn't convinced by the CAT SCAN that is was my appendix. They kept me overnight to monitor me. Well, they decided to keep me for 2 days, 2 LONG days & the out come????? Nothing is wrong with me. My blood work is perfect & I am in great condition. They aren't sure what it all was. I guess I just really needed a break from Mommy & Wifey world! :) I got home this morning & was so excited to see little Livy. I am so glad that she takes formula well & that I didn't have to worry about her. I did send a few bottles home with Kiley after I pumped, just in case we ran out of formula. Any how, I am so grateful for my health & for all the wonderful friends that I have here in Texas who helped our little family out so much these past few days! I feel so blessed & loved!
The picture is scarey, but this is me as of this morning! I sure look happy to be home!

8 comments:

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Yikers Jen!!! That is kinda scary but probably good you didn't have to have surgery...crazy though! I am glad you are feeling better...I'm also glad you guys have such a great support system there! I luv your blog and keeping updated on your fam...and send a little of that stuff my way...I could use 2 days off from the wife/mommy world too!!! JK! Luv Cami

Hillary said...

That is scary...I am glad you didn't have to have surgery. When are you coming to Utah?

Winters Outloud said...

Sounds horrible!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Mike and Kelly said...

My mom had her appendix out twice. Long story. I am glad that you are better. What an adventure. Sometimes I want to get sick too to help drop a few lbs. You look great by the way. Welcome home.

Courtney said...

Hmmmmm Jen, faking an illness to get out of mommy and wife duty for a couple of days, sounds like a good idea....but a little extreme, no? Just kidding! Whew, I'm glad you're okay, I got a little nervous about your email that said you were in the hospital. Speaking of hospitals, here's a link to my cousin's (2nd cousin, 1st cousins once removed, I'm not quite sure what we are!) blog, Adam. Unfortunately his cancer is back and they're having a big fundraiser next week. It's adamandalissa.blogspot.com
Anyway, hugs from us, glad you're okay!
court

Brianne said...

The hospital is always so fun! I'm glad you're doing better though. Next time you need a break from wife/mommy world you should try a vacation instead!! :)

Lindsey Harman said...

What a crazy story! Happy you're healthy!! See you at Christmas maybe?
P.S. You've been tagged. Go to my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.