Wednesday, July 9, 2008

UTAH here we come!

The kids and I are heading up to Utah this weekend. My dad flies down tonight and then we are braving the 20+ hour drive Friday & Saturday. I am really nervous about this drive. It seems like the car is where my kids fight the most & Liv screams the loudest! Why am I doing this to myself? Truly, I do not know! Okay, I really do know......we miss our family & friends up in Utah, we miss the "cooler" evenings & mornings (a little sick of the humidity here), I am running the Deseret News Marathon on July 24th, and we need a break from Texas life! AND, I really need a break from trying to keep up on the household duties. Kiley has a week off, so he will be flying up on the 19th & then back home on the 27th. He will be able to cheer me on while I am running. He wasn't able to be at my first marathon a few years ago because he had to be here in Texas for a rotation. I am very happy to know that he will be there at the finish line to resuscitate me! My good friend, Andrea & her hubby Austin will also be running. Andrea & I have been doing our LONG runs every Saturday together. This last week we did an 18 miler! It was tough......I am so grateful to have had a running buddy on these horrific long runs. Good Luck Andrea & Austin!


Just finished up a whopper of a run (18 miles)!
The kids & I will be up at my parents house in Highland, so we would LOVE to see any of you who are in Utah or will be there visiting as well!!!! We will be there until the 6th or 7th of August & then we'll head back down to Texas with my little sis. Should be an adventure!

7 comments:

haley said...

hey chicka! i think your nuts. teach me to love to run... PLEASE... i think i'd rather stick needles in my eye than run a 5k so you can imagine the torture i'd endure before running a marathon!!! we'll have to play when you come up! i'm excited to see you!

Brianne said...

Jen, I am excited for you to run the marathon...I think you're crazy, but that's because I have no interest in running whatsoever! Good luck with it. Hope Kiley really doesn't have to resuscitate you! Have fun up here in Utah. We are not going to be around for much of the time you are here, so probably won't see ya, but wish we could. Have a great time and just give your kids some benadryl for the ride!! J/K

Rachel said...

Good luck with the marathon. Jed said he saw you two running this morning. I start training for the San Antonio Rock n Roll marathon this Saturday, but I'm only doing half. Maybe next year I'll do a whole one. Have fun!!!

Lisa said...

I can't believe you are such an awesome runner! I hate running! Good luck with the marathon! It was fun to see how much your kids have changed in only 1 year!
The Juhasz Clan
Jon, Lisa, Tyler, Lindsay, Anna
http://lisababe23.blogspot.com

Kimberli said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll be looking for the marathon pictures.

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the marahton!!!

Lindsay said...

hi sister mortensen thats cool that u ran a marathon.