Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kelly Airforce Base Air Show



We decided to take our kids to the Air Show yesterday. Truthfully, we should have just stayed home. It was hot, everything was EXPENSIVE, we didn't have a stroller for Liv, & we were all ornery! We parked at Lackland Air Force Base & rode a shuttle (bus) to Kelly base. The ride over there should have been a clue....the bus had the HEATER on & it was well in the upper 80's yesterday! Not fun! Our humungo jogger stroller didn't fit on the bus & we didn't pack the small umbrella one, so we had to lug Olivia around & she is not light! I really shouldn't complain because at least we went out together as a family. We were watching one of our friends kids, so at least the boys had a friend to run around with & keep each other entertained. It was cool to see & hear the Blue Angels & the other jets......Will we go again next year??????? I don't know, we'll see what next November brings!

6 comments:

shirlee webb said...

Pictures were great! Now you know what is was like to haul you kids all over the place. Even the grocery store and usually five whinning kids was such a treat! Halloween was hard for me and find costumes for all of you. But you all had fun and thats what mattered. Lov Mom

Thank heaven for little girls said...

We went to the airshow also. My kids were hot and not to happy but when they saw the blue angels it was worth it.

jeNN said...

You are soo funny Jen, I love how you put all of it! Isn't if funny what we do as parents to entertain our kids! It really is a chore and so many times inconvenient but it is worth it for the memories! :)

Natalie said...

I don't know that I'd have the patience to haul all my kids around on a super hot day! It looks like fun though. My boys would have loved that!

Angie said...

Fun halloween pics. I miss our annual Halloween carving at the Nydegger's before the kiddos. I was just telling my kids about how we used to do that. Miss you.

Cutler Family said...

looks like you had a good time despite a few hang-ups! love you guys!