Thursday, November 13, 2008

YMCA!!!!!

Sometimes I find myself complaining about having to owe so much of our time to the Military-They paid for Kiley to go to Medical School, which was 4 years & so after his 4 years of residency (almost have 2 1/2 years done), we owe 4 more years of pay back time. I am proud to be an American & am grateful that my husband has the opportunity to serve our country & know that this has been a wonderful experience thus far. So what I am trying to get at is this.....there are many things I could complain about the military, but there are MANY great aspects of the military as well! This past Monday, a friend of mine called me telling me that I could join the YMCA for free because we are a military family. I asked her what the catch was & she didn't know. So, after having our family pics taken & then dinner at McCallisters, Liv & I drove up to the YMCA. Sure enough, the whole thing is legit! We got all signed up & I must say that I am thrilled! The child care is free, we get a discount on the different sports teams that they offer, the pool & splash pad look awesome & will definitely keep us busy this next summer, Teagen & Brayden can both do the rock climbing wall whenever they want. All we have to do is show up 8 times a month. If we all go, that counts as 5 times, so really that's a no-brainer! I asked them why they could offer such a deal, because here in San Antonio, it seems that LOTS of people are in the military. The guy told me that the military has joined up with the YMCA & donate a LARGE grant each year & in return, we get to be members for free! This is a nation wide deal, so if you are in the military & have a YMCA near by, go check it out!

4 comments:

Becky said...

HOOAH!! That is really awesome, thanks for the heads up! I'll be checking to see if there are any close by this side of town :)
BTW Whenever we ask Cael who he wants to go visit, his response is quickly "Teagan and Brayden". We've got to get together soon!

Tricia said...

Woohoo!!! I got an email from Cami telling me the same thing! Which YMCA did you sign up at??

itsahalesofalife said...

I love the new family picture. YOu look great.

I am going PRIVATE so please email me your email address so I can add you.

Thanks
Danielle
email: daniegirl_@hotmail.com

Becca said...

I was totally excited about this! We got signed up as well...maybe we'll see you at the gym when you get back from Utah. I love that YMCA!