Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weekend in Austin, Texas!




We decided to take a quick trip up to Austin this past weekend. It was so much fun! We went up with our good friends, the Meiers. We went as soon as Kiley got home from work Friday afternoon. It is about an 1 1/2 hour drive, not too bad! I desperately wanted to stop at the Outlets on our way up, but I had to refrain! No MON, No FUN! That's what my mom used to say to me an awful lot growing up! Anyhow, back to Austin. We stayed in a hotel just a few miles away from the city. Ate dinner at a funky restaurant-good tacos & great live music! Liv rocked out to it & entertained the crowd! We tried to make it to the Congress Bridge where millions of bats fly out at dusk, but the sweet drunk lady at the restaurant gave me the wrong directions & we missed it by minutes! Next time! We went back to the hotel & swam our little hearts out! The following day we headed back into the city. We went to Zilker Park & rode a fun train, ate some good pizza, then swam in the river pool. We didn't get to do everything that I had hoped, but that just means we'll have to go again! I just have to throw in that those of you who know my husband well, probably figured out that we had to get back home so that he could watch at least half of the BYU game! Love you babe!

1 comment:

Cutler Family said...

You are a marathon blogger! Way to go it must have taken you a long time! So fun to see all the pics and hear of all of the fun things you guys did...especially that bbq :) I look forward to the cruise too! love ya!