Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Utah part 2!

This is me, happy to be in Utah and happy to be done with the marathon!!
Okay, so I have this addiction. I LOVE to read up on everyone & any ones blogs. I must admit, I do it too much. I should be UPDATING my own, but seem to tell myself after spending hours (okay I am exaggerating a bit) blog hopping or what ever you want to call it, blog surfing, etc., that I will update tomorrow. Tomorrow never seems to come, so even though it is after 10pm ( I should be in bed, 5:45 am comes pretty early) I have decided to grace you all with an update! I must go back in time however, so this may be a bit long!

Utah-

Our trip to Utah was a blast! In fact, I really didn't want to leave. Whenever asked the question, "do you think you guys will end up in Utah?" I have always quickly responded with, "NO WAY! We will visit, but I can not live there." However, after this trip, I have decided to re-evaluate my absoluteness of never moving back there. It is so beautiful & who can argue with the weather---I guess anything NOT HUMID, is pretty great to me and it cools down at night if it is hot! So now if asked that question, I will have to respond with a maybe.

The last two weeks of the trip were filled with fun family outings, play dates, hiking, swimming, sleepovers, roasting marshmallows & making Smores, went to the Highland Fling parade & watched the amazing firework show, attended the extended Oscarson Family Reunion & much more, but I am too tired to remember what at this time! We spent a lot of time with family & tried to get together with some good friends as much as possible. It always seems that the last week is the busiest & I always try to cram in WAY TOO MUCH! Oh well, I am sure it will happen next time, too! It was so fun to visit withfamily & friends. Thanks Haley for the fun afternoon. It was good to catch up!
We went to the Hoogle Zoo with my Sister In Law, Manda Panda & her roommate Charcole! It was sure hot, but loads of fun! My littls sis, Ashley & our nephew Ethan came along, too. The kids had a great time!





We got together with our awesome friends, Paul & Jess & their adorable kids! Thanks for the nummy BBQ~ we sure love you guys & can't wait for that cruise! :)

It was so fun to see our good friends, the Wrights! We had a heck of a time hooking up, but managed & I am so glad! Thanks for the Pizza & for the fun time at the park! Congrat's on the new baby!!!

Jen & Courtney
We also got together with my dear friend Angie & her kiddo's! Always fun to reminisce & am so grateful that we still manage to keep in touch after all these years! It is so fun too to see our kids play together. We are growing up way too fast! Love ya, Ang! Thanks for hanging out with me!


Brayden, Christina, Teagen, Livy, Nikki, & Faith
My sweetest friend Becca took me out to Cheesecake Factory---NUMMY! I enjoyed our late nights hanging out & also swimming & slip-n-sliding with all our kids! You are the best!

Livy decided one day to get into my Vaseline. Brayden had come to get me & told me that she had my lip stuff, so I didn't think much of it. When I went into the room, there she was, smiling so proudly! She pretty much had washed her hair with the Vaseline. It was so gross & oily! It took a few days before it was completely out. I had to just laugh! These pictures are my classic Livy Girl!
Teagen also turned 7 while we were in Utah. We had a big dinner & cake & ice cream in grandma & grandpa's big back yard! Lots of family & a few friends came by. He got lots of Lego's & some other fun things. It is hard to believe that my little Teagen is 7!


Liv had to put on the cute red cowgirl boots! What a babe!
We went to the Highland Fling Parade (it was the day before Teagen's birthday). Liv had a good time! She was so cute with her little baby doll. The boys had a blast, especially cause there was TONS of candy!



And of course, it is ALWAYS so great to be with family, both my side & Kiley's side! I hate missing out on all the get togethers, but LOVE when we do get to be there!!! The boys hang out a lot with their cousin Ethan who is pretty much their bro as well! He is the cute little Hawaiian boy in all the pics! We sure love Ethan!

Aunt Lala & Aunt Ashley took the boys hiking & up to the Gateway Mall. The boys had a blast! Thanks Lala & Ashpash!



We hiked up to Donut Falls a few days before we headed home. We went up with my mom, my two sisters & one of my sister in laws. It was so fun & the kids were great!


Oscarson Family Reunion! It was fun to see cousins that I hadn't seen for a while! The reunion was at the PG Pool & so the kids LOVED that they got to go swimming. It was Brayden's first time going off the diving board. He couldn't get enough of it! Swim lessons this summer apparently passed off!
We sure had a fabulous time! Thanks mom & dad for letting us crash at your house for a whole whoppin month! Making smores & all the family bbqs/picnics were a blast! Thanks dad for taking the boys swimming, Mc D's, the Pet shop, & the Nickel Cade many times! They may not say it or show it, but they are grateful (and I am too, sure enjoyed the nightly breaks) & they sure do love you!
Last but not least, we obviously survived the LONG drive home. My little sister, Angela (aka-Lala) drove back with me. It was long, but the kids were great! No major problems & it sure was good to sleep in my own bed! We miss Utah-all of our wonderful family & friends, but it sure is nice to be home. We look forward to our next visit.....maybe Thanksgiving time?????

1 comment:

Amber Jensen said...

Looks like lots of fun! How do I put little pictures together like that? Did you just select the small size and then arrange them? Like I said I am new at this.

And by the way, I love having my kids in school too!